Friday 19 November 2010

iDesignDreams Custom Photo Cards


Friday Finds... iDesignDreams


Interview # 52
With Christmas now just around the corner, you may be considering the perfect greeting to send to your loved ones that has that little bit something extra. I have featured some brilliant cardmakers on my blog before and today is no exception, iDesignDreams offers fantastic designs throughout the store and offers a great personal quality to the cards for the ability to customize each step in the process of ordering. Not only do you have the option to have your card file available to print at home, but you can ask to have the design professionally printed which you can be invoiced for. I mentioned the Christmas holiday approaching of course, yet there are other options available to you such as birth announcements, and save the date. I think if you want to find the perfect digital printable cards this year that use your images then a visit to iDesignDreams is a must. Check out their interview for today!


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)



-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) My name is Jamie Dennis (age 24) and I live in Greeley, CO (about an hour north of Denver, CO). I also happen to be a vegetarian of two years!




-- What is your business about then? As of now, I make custom holiday photo cards that are modern and fresh. Because I just opened up shop and it so happened to be right around the holidays, that was my main focus. Soon, I will be designing photo baby announcements, save the date cards, birthday party invitations and more! You won't find any generic photo cards here!


-- How did Etsy come into your life? I discovered Etsy awhile ago when doing some personal shopping. I never thought I would actually become a seller. When I decided to start designing custom photo cards to sell, I remembered Etsy and thought it matched well with my personality and style.



-- Are you working a day job too? Yup! I work as a full-time Graphic Designer in the corporate world and have been for almost 5 years now, even during the time I was still in college getting my Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design.


-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? Corporately, quite some time as I've mentioned. I've always done wedding invitations, my own holiday cards, logo design, etc on the side. It wasn't until a couple months ago that I decided I might actually be able to design photo cards to fit other people's personalities and styles as well. So, I started designing some cards here and there, as I continued and ideas came easy to me, I decided that maybe I had a "nack" for designing photo cards and then I just went for it, listing them on Etsy!



-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? Never being able to find anything online that fit what I was looking for. Being a designer, it's hard to buy a photo card someone else has created without NOT wanting to change something about it. It's just engrained in us designers. :) I also find it freeing to be able to design outside the corporate world, without having limitations or rules to follow or someone else to have final say. Now, that final says is ME!


-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? Beautiful. Modern. Fresh.


-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? Stroll into office at my full-time day job at 8:00pm and get off at 5:00pm. Go to CrossFit (gym) right after work, get home around 7:00pm. Cook dinner for the hubs and I. Shower. At 8:00, if I'm lucky and the hubs isn't using the computer, design a couple photo cards and list on Etsy. Then, it's time to "take care" of my social networking accounts on Facebook and Twitter and try to maintain a marketing presence. Crash around say 11:30pm, any later and I'm worthless the next day. :)




-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I absolutely love paper and printed "things." However, because I only design and sell digital photo cards, the only material I use is my computer. I design in Illustrator and edit photos in Photoshop.


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? I'd like to have a full line of holiday cards, baby announcements, save the date cards, birthday party invitations and possibly even creating some "frameable" artwork as a spin-off of the card designs. For instance, creating baby announcement posters for a baby room using the baby's name, date of birth, weight, height, etc that can either match the announcement card or the room decor. Same thing for the save the date cards, etc. So many ideas and only so much time; it's good that the possibilities are literally endless. I'd like to have a consistent customer base, creating a "hub" if you will for all things photo cards that customers look at first before going anywhere else.


-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? My husband and I are addicted to CrossFit. You can find us there most nights after work and on the weekends. We also love to play outdoors; snowboard, bike, run and hike. We do live in Colorado after all. We attend a lot of concerts and movies and are always trying out new Vegetarian places in Colorado. We love to travel (or should I say I love to travel and take the hubs with me) and are into modern home decor (go figure, right)? :) We are blessed to have great families, friends and a wonderful life!




-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? Unique clothing, design inspiration, modern wall art and the next new thing!


-- Any last words? Of course, I have a Facebook and Twitter account that I'm on regularly. Like me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Greeley-CO/I-Design-Dreams/140885742625843 Follow me on Twitter @i_Design_Dreams You can find me on there promoting my products, keeping you up to date with the newest designs and interacting with my followers. I try to keep the self-promotion contained and help promote other unique finds on Etsy as well.

And of course, check out my Etsy shop. www.iDesignDreams.etsy.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!
Following your blog!
Please Follow Back!
http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/

Sonya McCllough Lockridge said...

super cute photos!

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, for giveaway entries that offer more than one entry, make sure you post your comment for EACH on of those entries (ie: 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc).

Related Posts with Thumbnails