Thursday 28 January 2010

FRIDAY - Friday Finds... Paperbella



Friday Finds... Paperbella


This is my 13th interview of the amazing not-so-well-known artists of Etsy, and VERY glad to be back into the swing of things again with this! Up until recently I was worried that I would never be able to be consistent with weekly updates again lol!!!

Back to business! I want to introduce someone I found on a fab website that I have (stupidly) avoided like the plague up until now out of sheer laziness to fill in a few details. I'll explain more about that on Sunday, but yes today's interview is with an excellent paper artist and mobile maker called Paperbella! I really do have the baby bug at the mo so anything that catches my eye that could relate to cute lil squishy things sets me off on one! Yet I have to be honest when I say that the mobiles from this artist could quite easily cascade from my own ceiling for how fabulous they are, I don't think I could let the kids have all the fun now could I? Besides my color radar, the great variety in designs, shapes, types of mobile are plentiful and are easily suited to a range of age groups beside kids that enjoy the idea of a little burst of fun in a room in their home! At least I think so! So on with the interview to find out some more!


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)







-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) My name is Elizabeth Logan, I am 28 years old. I live in Springfield, Missouri and I am probably the biggest homebody you've ever met!

-- What is your business about then? Paperbella is all about handcrafted paper mobiles, garlands, and decorations for all occassions and living spaces. They are bright, fun, unique, and modern chic. I think that my shop announcement says it very well, "Paperbella décor will bring a whimsical element to any room and be a true eye catcher and conversation starter" Just about everything in my shop is hand cut. I do not use die cutters to make my shapes at this time

-- How did Etsy come into your life? I think I discovered Etsy much too late in my life. I came across Etsy by stumbling onto it out of the blue from a google search in 2007. I'm surprised how long it took me to actually get started opening a shop on there. I wanted to be as prepared as I could. I did this by reading the forums, and the Storque articles on how to operate a shop on Etsy, I learned a lot, and I am still learning!

-- Are you working a day job too? I do work a day job. I work at a local hospital where I do EKG's, stress tests and holter monitor studies. Some hospitals have their radiology department do these but we're our own department here. I work 2nd shift. I love it and have been doing this for 3 1/2 years.

-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? I've always been into creating things ever since I was little but it became unleashed as I was preparing for my wedding in 2007. I made these flower petal vines for the wedding decor, invitations, favors (with the help of the family) and I made my jewelry and the bridesmaids jewelry. I found a newly discovered passion for creating beautiful things by hand. I became mesmerized with it and haven't stopped since.

-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? I am inspired by everyday life; beautiful nature scenes, different things that I see, think or read about, and different memories I had growing up. I don’t just think of what I would like personally, I think of what others might like to have hanging in their living rooms, office, dorm room, or any living space that will evoke an emotion of passion and inspiration.

-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? mmm,...peaceful......colorful.....dreamy

-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? I am still searching to find a balance with my day job and creating. All I can say is that I do not have a consistent schedule. I usually get up early when the house is quiet and have time to myself. I usually stay close to the computer in our office, but this is also where I have my work station. I wish I could say that I get right down to the nitty gritty and crank out my mobiles and new creations day in, day out but in reality, I have a tendency to day dream and not be as productive as I would like to before it's time for me to get ready for work at my day job. My day ends shortly when I come home and unwind with my husband, then it's bed time usually around 1am. Lately, anyway.

-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I love working with textured cardstock paper, of course! but I am wanting to learn how to add embellishments and use different textures in the future.

-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? My ideal vision is to be the best wife, mother, friend, and business women I can be, doing what I love to do. In a few years, my husband wil be done with his masters degree and be a US Army Chaplain, so we will have a military life. I hope to still be doing this, only on a larger scale. I would also like to start a family in the next 5 years.

-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? I like to read and learn new things on how to improve my business, like researching ways to help promote my business, brainstorm ideas, and one day, I'd like to start my own blog. I heard all the cool kids are doing it. When I'm not doing these things, I love to spend time with my husband watching movies, playing games, cooking with him, and playing and going on walks with our puppy, Marcello. We're the perfect family unit right now and I love it so!

-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? aprons, milk glass vases, handbags, hair accessories, pillows, and other home decor items. I'm a sucker for anything romantic, retro, and feminine.

-- Any last words? My life has been so blessed, and I thank God for it all! I really like where I am right now in my life and I am eager to see what Paperbella can accomplish in the future. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would like to extend a discount to you all. Mention this blog in the comments section on your order, and I will add on a 10% discount!

4 comments:

Alice Potter said...

great interview. beautiful garlands

Pattie said...

I'm happy that you are back into the swing of thins :)

And I really like this interview :)

paperbella said...

Thank you Nay for the feature! You're swell : )

Ginger said...

Don't you just love featuring talented Etsy artists! The more we help each other, the better. Great blog, by the way. This is my first visit and I am impressed!

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, for giveaway entries that offer more than one entry, make sure you post your comment for EACH on of those entries (ie: 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc).

Related Posts with Thumbnails