Thursday 5 August 2010

mrsginther




Friday Finds... mrsginther


Interview # 37
mrsginther on Etsy makes the most wonderful rugs with both traditional and modern concepts at play, with over a decades experience behind her. Not only that but these amazing woven treats come in the form of bowls, bags, purses, and I even noticed a cat bed on the storefront! The way Kathy weaves and blends together the colors of the various materials she uses looks amazing! Any customer planning a purchase would be proud to own something from her store and will be sure to find something to suit any type of decor. I love the versatility and innovation of some designs I've browsed. 5 of them of course are clickable in this interview, directing you straight to the listings! ... if you love them as much as I do! :)


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)






-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) Kathy Ginther, 56, Western Wisconsin. Have ten children - 9 daughters and a one son

-- What is your business about then? Creating various braided and crocheted useful and decorative household items.


-- How did Etsy come into your life? Was introduced to Etsy through my daughters who also use the service to market their handmade items.


-- Are you working a day job too? Besides being a fulltime homemaker, I also substitute at the local school and teach rug braiding classes.


-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? I have been working on "crafty" things most of my adult life.


-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? Really showing people what can be done with everyday products most of us have laying around our homes


-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? unique, useful, long lasting


-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? Awake - eat breakfast - either get the children at their daily chores or off to school - check Etsy for any updates/responses - check garden - work on projects - prepare dinner - work on projects - go to bed


-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I prefer to work with wool in my braiding and lighter materials(cotton/polyesters) for my crocheted items


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? A mix of custom and "off-the-shelf" items to help mix up the day


-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? Actually, the braiding is my fun; but I do garden, vegetable & flower, garage sale and scout through the antique stores in our area


-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? At this point I do a lot of "surfing", just being amazed at all the different stuff out there


-- Any last words? Don't be afraid to turn your dreams into realities - work hard, but go slowly and think things through - pray for grace

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blog....

Tiffany at Beyond Magical Bath and Body said...

Wonderful feature! Beautiful rugs!

-Tiffany
myscentsualjourney.blogspot.com
www.beyondmagical.com

Mami Made It said...

These rugs are amazing!

VeganCraftastic said...

Cool shop, I haven't seen too many rugs on Etsy, yay for unique shops!

watercolors said...

Very interesting article and love the braided products, especially the bowl.

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, for giveaway entries that offer more than one entry, make sure you post your comment for EACH on of those entries (ie: 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc).

Related Posts with Thumbnails