Thursday 6 May 2010

Art of Amy



Friday Finds... ArtofAmy


This is my 27th interview of the amazing not-so-well-known artists of Etsy!

Good morning! I am glad to have this wonderful interview for you today!
Amy of ArtofAmy on Etsy is a wonderful fairy tale artist that loves to focus her designs on all things from your imagination considered whimsical, especially inspired by the well known tale of Alice in Wonderland! I find her work is gorgeous and inspiring and hope that you enjoy reading a bit about her, her business and of course to give her store a visit to see more!


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)




-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) My name is Amy, I am 24 in July and live all the way in little old New Zealand. I was born in New Zealand but I am half polish from my father side! I’m living with my fiancĂ© Phil, we have been together just over 5 years and I treasure everyday with him! We also have a little (fat) pussycat called Miss Fatikins! She has the biggest personality in the world!


-- What is your business about then? My business is about putting a smile on someone’s face. Making and creating artwork and items which are unique and joyful. I love to make others smile and I like to think my artwork does that. I create Art Prints of my Original Paintings, Postcards, Greeting cards and other handmade paper crafts which all feature my own Artwork!


-- How did Etsy come into your life? I discovered Etsy randomly one day, I just stumbled upon it and was amazed at all the wonderful items available and even more wonderfully, they are all handmade! I thought, wow this is great! I want to be a part of this to! And now here I am, giving it my all!


-- Are you working a day job too? I am currently Studying full time for a Diploma in Arts and Creativity which can be quite time consuming. I am also part of the NZ Art Guild, a great art community created by a lovely lady named Sophia Elise, and through this I have had the chance to be involved in quite a few Exhibitions throughout New Zealand so when I am not studying I am preparing pieces to be exhibited.


-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? Ever since I can remember! I have always been an artist at heart but only just started painting “full time” over the last few years. I always stopped and started, but always came back to it and now I know it’s what I want to do in life.


-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? Fairytales and Nonsense! I adore imagination and curiosity drives me! There is so much enigma out there it wonderful! My other source of inspiration is Partner Phil. He has always supported me without question. He is my Support, my motivation and my Inspiration. He lifts me up when I am down and always encourager’s me to keep on going. If it wasn’t for him I’m not sure where, or who, I would be!

-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? I would say my products are Happiness and Sunshine! I think they would brighten up anyone’s day and when you look at them, you cant help but smile. They are just full of fun and whimsy, for all ages! And they made with love, I put everything I am into them.


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? My dream is to be able to paint/create as a career. Its such a hard market to make a full time job from so it will be, and is, something I am working really hard towards. Art is my Hobby, my passion and my dream… now I just need to make some income from it and ill be on my way!


-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? Fairytales! I love to see how other people have interpreted them! Majority of the time I don’t search Etsy I stumbled across great finds via the forums or treasuries!


-- Any last words? I love new ideas, so if there is anything at all you would like to see in my store or an idea for an artwork feel free to stop by my blog and leave a comment! www.artofamy.blogspot.com Thanks to all for taking the time to read about me and my artwork! And thank you Naomi for all your help and kind words!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Those are cute cards! Off to visit her shop!

Karen said...

Great series of posts!

Just wanted to let you know that you have a surprise waiting for you at http://mysticwynd.blogspot.com/2010/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html !

Hope your Mother's Day weekend is magical!

Galit said...

Love Amy's whimsy art and enjoyed reading you interview!


Happy Mother day!!! xo

cabin + cub said...

love her art.. so cute and sweet!

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, for giveaway entries that offer more than one entry, make sure you post your comment for EACH on of those entries (ie: 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc).

Related Posts with Thumbnails