Friday 30 October 2009

FRIDAY - Friday Finds... LunarBelle



Friday Finds... LunarBelle

This is my tenth interview of the amazing not-so-well-known artists of Etsy.

Today I want to introduce a wonderful jewelry maker that hails from Australia, whom came into my awareness after contacting me via the Etsy Promotions forum. I am in love with her work, there is something very romantic and delicate about her jewelry that appeals to me and I think she pieces together the findings and beads she uses in an extremely beautiful way. So here is LunarBelle on Etsy


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)









-- Tell me a bit about you! My name is Regina, I am 37 years old and I live in Australia. I lived in Austria when I was a little girl and had to translate for my English speaking mother!

-- What is your business about then? I design and make jewelry that I love and hope others do too. My jewelry design is more of a hobby than a business, I get great satisfaction creating beautiful peices and even greater satisfaction when people enjoy what I make.

-- How did Etsy come into your life? I had been selling peices at a local gift shop and found that I needed another outlet for my designs. It was through a google search that I came upon Etsy. I had never heard of it before but thought it was a wonderful way to get my jewelry out there.

-- Are you working a day job too? Yes and no! I am a stay at home mum to two beautiful girls. I have been very fortunate in that I am able to do this. I really appreciate my time with them.

-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? I have been plying my family and friends with my creations for around five years now. Before jewelry making I was dabbling with other arts and crafts such as stained glass, sewing and painting with watercolours.

-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? A new bead shop opened up at the local shopping centre and I had never seen such a pretty shop before. I fell in love with all the beautiful things in there. Ever since then I have had a passion for beads. I feel like they have taken over my life! When you start dreaming about them and your designs you know its a passion!

-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? Pretty, unique and colourful.

-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? It starts off with getting everyone off to work and school, then I spend one or two hours promoting my business. After this it is housework, washing and shopping (not a very exciting part of the day!). I then do the school pick up and start thinking about dinner. Often I will bake at this time as well. After dinner and everything is done I sit down and start creating (this is my favourite time).

-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I love crystal beads and use them all the time. I accent these with metal and I am particularly fond of antique brass and gunmetal. It highlights the colours of the crystals nicely. I love gemstones and pearls also.

-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? I am very happy with how everything is at the moment and hope to keep on creating. Sales are good because then I can continue buying lovely peices to work with!

-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? I play tennis twice a week - Wednesday is competition day and Friday night is for fun. I love to read, garden and catch up with family and friends. Fun is watching my husband's band play at functions so I can have a dance!

-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? I like to look at the treasuries and would love to try one of my own. I search art as I am in awe of their talents. I also like to look at other jewelry designers beautiful work.

-- Any last words? Thanks for the interview! I have really enjoyed it and am glad to be featured on your gorgeous blog. If I can make somebody happy with one of my creations then I get so much in return.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Beautiful jewelry and feature!

Mami Made It said...

Great feature and...
Happy Halloween!

lunarbelle said...

Thank's so much for the feature. You have a gorgeous blog and I feel privileged to be part of it :)

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, for giveaway entries that offer more than one entry, make sure you post your comment for EACH on of those entries (ie: 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc).

Related Posts with Thumbnails