Friday 23 October 2009

FRIDAY - Friday Finds... Hell0Z0mbie



Friday Finds... HellOZOmbie

This is my ninth interview of the amazing not-so-well-known artists of Etsy.

After posting this week's Monday Magic, I was contacted by a fellow Etsy artist known by the shop name HellOZOmbie with a request to check out an item of hers that may have been suitable for next Monday. Well, I was so impressed when visiting her store I had to ask for an interview, I was absolutely enthralled by her paper arts! The colors springing out at me! My particular favorites being the origami cards. I think they're beautiful and was so pleased when she wanted to do the interview, so I'd like to introduce Emma of HellOZOmbie!


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)







- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) My name is Emma, I go by Firheruwen and Hell0z0mbie around the interwebs. I am 23 years old, I grew up in Boise Idaho but escaped to Phoenix Arizona right after high school! I love Arizona! A random fact? I have been vegetarian for about 16 years!

-- What is your business about then? I love crafting and trying new things! Arts and crafts have always been a bit of a passion for me, although I don't think I am good enough at them to make a decent living at it alone. There is no better feeling than someone buying something handmade from me though! It makes me so happy!

-- How did Etsy come into your life? I have been an Etsy shopper for a few years, and this spring I finally got motivated enough to list some of my stuff. I started out with mostly bracelets and am branching out.

-- Are you working a day job too? I am, it takes up way too much of my arts and crafts time! I work for an economic consulting / expert witness company in Phoenix. I only recently graduated/started so my job can be a little boring sometimes (copying and data entry - barf!) but on good days I get to do cool things with MS Excel, I love spreadsheets at least as much as I love arts and crafts!

-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? I have been into art since forever! I was never super good at any one thing, but I like to try everything. Having my artistic side repressed at work during the day makes it come out harder on my off time.

-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? The happiness I feel when someone wants something I made enough to purchase it motivates and inspires me. It is vindication, approval and acceptance, the money is fairly secondary!

-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? Random, Girly, Colorful

-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? Get up at six, fart around on the internet and shower and all that until I go to work at around 8.
Work all day at the office, leave anywhere from 5:30 to 9!
Have dinner with the boyfriend, maybe watch TV or a movie or work on my arts and crafts, do some Etsy and blogging stuff and go to bed. So exciting!

-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I love paper, decoupage is awesome as is Origami, collage, scrapbooking...

-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? I would love to find a niche, something creative that I do really well that I could market and sell. I have no idea what this would be, at the moment. I always want to do art and keep trying new things.

-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? I love to read, I mostly read fantasy and science fiction but also some non fiction. My favorite authors are Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin, C.S. Friedman, Richard Dawkins, Max Brooks.

-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? Purses! I am seriously obsessed with buying purses. I search that all the time, sometimes to blog about it and sometimes just to buy. I also like searching for pretty jewelry.

-- Any last words? Live Long, and Prosper!

1 comments:

Emma said...

eee thank you!!

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean, for giveaway entries that offer more than one entry, make sure you post your comment for EACH on of those entries (ie: 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc).

Related Posts with Thumbnails